Sunday, August 3, 2008

Another Year

It's official, another year has flown by. Today is my birthday. The older I get, the faster it goes. And where it stops, well, that we all know.

I don't think of myself as old. I greet each day with energy, enthusiasm and optimism. I recognize I have a great life and a wonderful family. Yet, while I feel much the same as I did thirty years ago, I have come to recognize that I have increasing physical limitations. My best days in golf, basketball and baseball are long behind me. Nonetheless, I am a very happy man.

So, now that I am one year older and a little bit wiser, let me share some wisdom with you.

Top Ten signs you are getting old:

10. You finally get around to reading those books that were assigned
to you in high school

9. You notice everyone calls you "sir"

8. You complain about today's music
(Just like your parents did when you were young)

7. After thinking Mick Jagger looks way too old to be strutting around on stage, you suddenly remember he's about your age

6. A twelve year old beats you in a fifty-yard dash

5. You really like watching the evening newscasts

4. Your wife starts being nice to you (most of the time)

3. Movie theaters give you their senior citizens rate

2. Little old ladies offer you their seat on the subway

1. You have more hair in your ears than on top of your head

Getting old is not so bad.

No comments: