Monday, April 6, 2009

Play Ball

Tonight a new season begins for the Chicago Cubs. April is the time of hope, excitment and anticipation for fans like me. Of course, the fall is a time for humiliation and disappointment.

For the past two seasons the Cubs have won their division only to lose in the first round of the playoffs. In fact, they were shut out by the opposition both years. This year the Cubbies have added a Bradley "fighting vehicle" (named Milton Bradley)with plenty of left handed pop (and a temper to match it) to make up for previous deficiencies.

My eyes popped when I read that the NY Times is predicting a Yankee vs. Cub World Series. Almost every publication is predicting the Cubs will go far in the post season.

Will this franchise be stuck on 1908 forever? Don't get me started. But I am hooked.

No comments: